Yes, you can put a few Vitamix blender models in the dishwasher. Not all Vitamix blender’s containers can be put in the dishwasher.
The following Vitamix blender containers can be put in the dishwasher:
- S-Series 20-ounce and 40-ounce containers are top rack dishwasher-safe.
- Stainless steel versions of Vitamix’s containers are typically dishwasher safe.
- The carafe of some newer models of Vitamix blenders are top rack dishwasher safe.
Always check your owner’s manual or consult with Vitamix to determine if your specific model is safe to put in the dishwasher. If you can put it, make sure to use the top rack of the dishwasher and avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrub brushes that can scratch the container or blade.
What is the recommended way to clean a Vitamix container?
Maintaining a clean Vitamix container will ensure longevity and optimal performance. Here are some recommended steps and precautions to clean it effectively:
- After each use, rinse the container thoroughly with warm water; avoid using hot water.
- Refrain from using abrasive cleaners or scrub brushes, as these can scratch the container or blade.
- If your Vitamix container becomes cloudy, pour one cup of white vinegar into the container and fill it half-full with warm water.
- Let it soak in an upright, standing position for a few hours.
- Afterwards, rinse the container thoroughly with warm water.
Treating Mineral Deposits or Stains:
- For stubborn mineral deposits or stains, create a paste using baking soda and warm water.
- Apply this paste to the affected areas and use a brush (an old toothbrush works well) to scrub them out gently.
- Once again, rinse the container thoroughly with warm water after scrubbing.
Descaling the Container:
- If descaling is required, opt for a food-grade coffee or kettle descaler that contains citric acid.
- Follow the instructions on the descaler’s packaging for proper use and quantity.
- Always avoid using any abrasive materials that could potentially damage the container or the blade.
Can I clean my Vitamix container with hot water?
Yes you can and its actually recommended to clean your Vitamix container with warm water, not hot water. Hot water can cause damage to the container and blade. After each use, rinse the container thoroughly with warm water.
For cloudy containers, you can pour one cup of white vinegar into the container, fill it half-full with warm water, and let it soak in an upright, standing position for a few hours. Then, rinse the container thoroughly with warm water.
For mineral deposits or stains, you can make a baking soda paste with warm water, apply it to the stains, and use a brush (such as an old toothbrush) to scrub them out. Rinse the container thoroughly with warm water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrub brushes that can scratch the container or blade.
How often should I clean my Vitamix container?
To keep the blade sharp as well as the motor condition better, you need to clean your Vitamix container after each use to keep it in optimal condition.
Here are some tips for cleaning your Vitamix container:
- Rinse the container and blade assembly with warm water immediately after blending. This makes cleaning easier by preventing residue from drying on.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to gently scrub the inside walls of the container to remove any clinging bits of food. Avoid abrasive scouring pads.
- For tough stains, fill the container halfway with warm water and add a drop of dish soap. Blend on low speed for 30 seconds then rinse thoroughly.
- For deeper cleaning, use the self-cleaning feature on your Vitamix if it has one. This heats up the soap mixture to clean the inside.
- Take apart the blade assembly and remove the rubber gasket/seal. Wash each piece with soap and water separately.
- Air dry all the container parts fully prior to reassembling to prevent mold growth.
- Sanitize the container weekly by blending a cleaning solution on high speed for one minute then letting it stand for an additional minute before rinsing.
- Avoid putting the container in the dishwasher, as harsh detergents can damage parts over time.
Following these tips after each use keeps your Vitamix looking and performing like new.
Can I use soap to clean my Vitamix container?
You can safely use a small amount of mild dish soap to clean your Vitamix container. Fill the container halfway with warm water and add a drop or two of dish soap.
Secure the lid and blend on low for 30 seconds, then thoroughly rinse away all soap residue. Be sure to completely disassemble and rinse the blade assembly as well. Always allow all parts to fully air dry before reassembling to prevent any soap from lingering in your Vitamix.