A creamy risotto is a delicious Italian rice dish, but stirring constantly as it simmers can be tedious. Luckily, your Vitamix can help cut down on time and effort. Simply cook the rice most of the way, then transfer it to the blender.
Add hot broth and blend on high for a perfectly smooth and creamy texture. The Vitamix heats the rice through for a restaurant-quality risotto without all the stirring. Enjoy this easy weeknight meal, made easy with your powerhouse appliance.
ingredients for making creamy risotto using your Vitamix
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Creamy Risotto Using Your Vitamix
A Vitamix can help you cheat your way to a smooth, creamy risotto that would impress any Italian Nonna. Here’s a simple method for making creamy risotto in your Vitamix.
Creamy Risotto Using Your Vitamix
- In a pot, bring broth to a simmer. Cook rice according to package directions until just shy of done. Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Transfer hot cooked rice to Vitamix container. Carefully pour in 1-2 cups of hot broth.
- Secure lid and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until very smooth and creamy.
- Return blended rice to pot and stir. Add butter or oil if desired. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately in warmed bowls. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
With your Vitamix, you can skip tedious risotto stirring and achieve a perfectly creamy texture. Use this time-saving method for delicious risotto any night of the week.
How al dente should the rice be before blending?
Cook the rice just until it is nearly done with just a slight bite left in the center. It will finish cooking and become very soft after blending in the Vitamix.
What liquid works best for the Vitamix?
The best liquid to use is hot broth, as it will continue to infuse flavor. Water or stock can also be used. Avoid milk and cream before blending as they may curdle.
How long should I blend the risotto in the Vitamix?
Blend for 1-2 minutes, stopping to tamp down the rice if needed. Blend just until very smooth. Do not over-blend or the rice starches will become gummy.