Toss in your protein powder, banana, berries and liquid. Hit blend and pour into your to-go bottle. Fridge overnight and just grab and guzzle to get gym-ready, no prep needed. Vitamix blender technology pulverizes ingredients into a smooth, stay-mixed drink.
Ingredients for making a protein shake with a Vitamix blender
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup of ice
How to Make Protein Shake with Vitamix Blender?
Protein shakes made with Vitamix have an ultra-smooth, creamy texture. Follow these steps for a nutritious blend.
- Add 1 cup milk or nondairy milk to the Vitamix container.
- Add 1 scoop protein powder, 1 banana, 1 cup frozen fruit and any other boosters.
- Secure the lid tightly.
- Select variable 1-10 and blend for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a portable cup, close lid and refrigerate until ready to drink.
- Blend with ice for a cold post-workout recovery shake.
The Vitamix blender breaks down ingredients for easily digestible protein shakes anytime.
Is it okay to use water instead of milk for protein shakes in the Vitamix?
Yes, you can use water as the liquid base. The shake may have a thinner consistency. For creaminess, substitute coconut water, kefir, yogurt or ice cream. Avoid fruit juice which can alter the flavor.
How long will a protein shake keep after making it in the Vitamix?
Store your protein shake in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 24 hours. Shake or stir it before drinking to evenly distribute ingredients. For longer storage, freeze individual portions up to 3 months.