A Vitamix isn’t just for smoothies and soups. It also excels at making wholesome dips, spreads, and nut butters that can be used for energy-packed snacks.
Blend nuts, seeds, veggies and fruits in your Vitamix to create nutritious, filling snacks like guacamole, hummus, or almond butter. Customize combinations to suit your tastes.
With your powerful blender, snacks can be made fresh and fast, with no preservatives or additives. Healthy snacking has never been easier or more delicious.
ingredients for making snacks with a Vitamix blender
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
How to make Snacks with Vitamix Blender
The powerful blades and motors of a Vitamix blender can also quickly whip up tasty and healthy snacks like dips, spreads, nut butters, and more. Here’s a simple method for making snacks in a Vitamix.
Snacks with Vitamix Blender
- Add your main ingredients to the container like nuts, beans, veggies or fruit. Use raw, cooked or roasted ingredients.
- Add any secondary items like spices, herbs, garlic, etc.
- Add small amounts of liquid like oil, milk, or water to help facilitate blending if needed.
- Secure lid and start blending at low speed to incorporate. Slowly increase to highest speed until completely smooth.
- Scrape down sides as needed. If too thick, add more liquid. If too thin, add more solids. Blend again until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a bowl or container. Enjoy as a dip, spread, etc or store refrigerated.
Your Vitamix can quickly transform basic ingredients into delicious dips, spreads and other snacks. Get creative with your favorite flavors and ingredients!
How do I get the right consistency for dips and spreads?
The consistency can be adjusted by adding more or less liquid. For thicker dips and spreads, use less liquid. For thinner consistency, add more liquid like oil, milk or water. Start with small amounts and blend, then check consistency and adjust as needed.
What can I do if my nut butter is too dry?
If your nut butter is too dry or thick, add a touch more oil or milk to help loosen it up. Start with 1 tablespoon at a time until reaching the desired consistency. Blend again after each addition of liquid.
Should ingredients be raw or roasted?
You can use raw, roasted, or cooked ingredients. Raw will provide more texture, roasted provides deeper flavor, and cooked is softer. Try a combo of raw and roasted for a balance.