Creamy, rich, and full of healthy fats – avocados are a versatile ingredient that can be used to make delicious recipes in your Vitamix blender. Whether blended into smoothies, used to make dairy-free ice cream, or transformed into sauces and dips, avocados are a perfect fit for high-powered blenders.
In this post, I’ll share my favorite Vitamix recipes that showcase avocados. You’ll find nutritious breakfast ideas, savory soups and sides made velvety smooth thanks to avocado, refreshing desserts that prove avocado isn’t just for guacamole, and more.
Ingredients For Avocado-Based Recipes
Here are some avocado-based recipes with Vitamix and their ingredients:
- Banana Avocado Drink Recipe:
- 1 cup (240 ml) almond milk
- 2 (160 g) medium bananas, peeled
- ½ (65 g) avocado, seeded, peeled
- 2 (15 g) dates, pitted
- 1 cup (130 g) ice cubes
- Avocado Smoothie Bowl Recipe:
- 9 fluid ounces (270 ml) oat milk, or milk of choice
- ¾ cup (32 g) baby kale
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon honey, optional
- ¾ cup (90 g) avocado, pitted, halved
- Guacamole Recipe:
- 2 (120 g) roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (80 g) small onion, peeled, halved
- 1 lime, peeled
- 2 teaspoons salt
How to Make Banana Avocado Drink
Start your day with a refreshing and nutritious Banana Avocado Drink. This beverage is a powerhouse of nutrients, combining the creamy texture of avocado with the sweet taste of banana, ensuring a deliciously smooth drink to energize your day.
- Have ripe bananas and avocados on hand, and any desired additions such as milk, honey, or ice.
- Peel and cut the fruits, add them to the blender, and blend until smooth. You may add milk or a milk substitute to adjust the consistency and sweetness to your liking.
- Once blended to your preferred texture, pour into a glass and enjoy immediately while it’s fresh.
Savor the creamy, sweet, and refreshing flavors of your homemade Banana Avocado Drink. It’s a delightful way to kickstart your morning or to refresh yourself at any time of the day!
How to Make Avocado Smoothie Bowl
An Avocado Smoothie Bowl is a creative and nutritious way to enjoy a meal. It’s rich, creamy, and customizable with your favorite toppings, providing a fulfilling and healthy option that’s as pleasing to the palate as it is to the eye.
- Assemble ripe avocados, your choice of fruits, milk or yogurt, and any additional flavorings or sweeteners.
Blend Smoothie Base
- Blend avocados and any additional fruits with a bit of liquid until you achieve a thick and creamy base.
Arrange and Enjoy
- Pour the blended mixture into a bowl and artfully arrange your chosen toppings before diving in with a spoon!
Delight in the creamy goodness of your Avocado Smoothie Bowl, adorned with the vibrant colors and textures of your favorite toppings. It’s a wholesome treat that promises both flavor and nutrition in every bite!
How to Make Guacamole
Guacamole is a versatile and delicious dip, known for its rich, creamy texture and fresh flavors. Whether you’re preparing a quick snack or entertaining guests, this easy-to-make dish is always a hit.
- Gather ripe avocados, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Finely chop the onions, tomatoes, and cilantro, and set them aside. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop out the flesh.
- In a bowl, mash the avocados to your desired consistency, add the chopped ingredients, lime juice, and salt, mixing until well combined.
- Serve the guacamole immediately with tortilla chips or as a complement to your favorite dishes.
Indulge in the flavorful harmony of creamy avocados, zesty lime, and fresh herbs and vegetables in your homemade guacamole. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a variety of dishes, adding a burst of flavor and texture to your culinary creations!
Can I substitute almond milk for regular milk in the Banana Avocado Drink or Avocado Smoothie Bowl?
Absolutely, you can substitute almond milk or any other plant-based milk like soy or oat milk for regular milk in both the Banana Avocado Drink and the Avocado Smoothie Bowl.
It’s a great way to cater to dietary preferences, intolerances, or vegan diets, and it often adds a unique flavor and nutritional profile to the dish. Just keep in mind the sweetness and flavor of your chosen substitute as it might alter the taste of your final product.
Is it necessary to use ripe avocados when making guacamole or any avocado-based recipe?
Yes, using ripe avocados is crucial when making guacamole or any avocado-based recipes. Ripe avocados have a creamy, buttery texture and rich flavor that are characteristic of these dishes.
Unripe avocados will be hard and lack flavor, while overripe ones might have an unpleasant taste and texture. To test for ripeness, gently press the avocado; it should yield to slight pressure but not feel overly soft.
Absolutely! You can definitely enhance your Avocado Smoothie Bowl and Banana Avocado Drink by adding sweeteners or flavorings of your choice. Maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, or a couple of dates can add sweetness, while a splash of vanilla or almond extract can elevate the flavor.
Spices like cinnamon or nutmeg can also add a warming touch. Feel free to experiment with different additions until you find your perfect combination!
To store leftover guacamole without it turning brown, place it in an airtight container and press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole before sealing the container.
This minimizes exposure to air, which causes the browning (oxidation). Additionally, you can add a thin layer of lime or lemon juice on top of the guacamole before covering it with plastic wrap to preserve its color and freshness. Store in the refrigerator and consume within 1-2 days for the best quality.